ABS plastic material
Chemical name: Acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene copolymer
English name: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
Specific gravity: 1.05 g/cm3 Mold shrinkage: 0.4-0.7%
Molding temperature: 200-240℃ Drying conditions: 80-90℃ 2 hours
1.Good overall performance, high impact strength, chemical stability, and good electrical properties.
2.It has good weldability with 372 plexiglass and is made of two-color plastic parts, and the surface can be chrome-plated and painted.
3. There are high impact resistance, high heat resistance, flame retardant, reinforced, transparent and other levels.
4. The fluidity is a little worse than HIPS, better than PMMA, PC, etc., and it has good flexibility.
Uses: suitable for making general mechanical parts, wear-reducing and wear-resistant parts, transmission parts and telecommunications parts.
1.Amorphous material, medium fluidity, high moisture absorption, and must be fully dried.Plastic parts that require gloss on the surface must be preheated and dried for a long time at 80-90 degrees for 3 hours.
2. It is advisable to take high material temperature and high mold temperature, but the material temperature is too high and easy to decompose (the decomposition temperature is >270 degrees). For plastic parts with higher precision, the mold temperature should be 50-60 degrees, which is resistant to high gloss. For thermoplastic parts, the mold temperature should be 60-80 degrees.
3. If you need to solve the water trapping, you need to improve the fluidity of the material, adopt high material temperature, high mold temperature, or change the water level and other methods.
4. If heat-resistant or flame-retardant materials are formed, plastic decomposition products will remain on the surface of the mold after 3-7 days of production, which will cause the surface of the mold to become shiny, and the mold must be cleaned in time, and the mold surface needs to increase the exhaust position.
ABS resin is the polymer with the largest output and the most widely used at present. It organically unifies the various properties of PS, SAN and BS, and has excellent mechanical properties of toughness, rigidity, and rigidity. ABS is a terpolymer of acrylonitrile, butadiene and styrene. A stands for acrylonitrile, B stands for butadiene, and S stands for styrene.
ABS engineering plastics are generally opaque. The appearance is light ivory, non-toxic, and tasteless. It has the characteristics of toughness, hardness and rigidity. It burns slowly, and the flame is yellow with black smoke. After burning, the plastic softens and scorches and emits special The smell of cinnamon, but no melting and dripping phenomenon.
ABS engineering plastics have excellent comprehensive properties, excellent impact strength, good dimensional stability, electrical properties, abrasion resistance, chemical resistance, dyeability, and good molding processing and mechanical processing. ABS resin is resistant to water, inorganic salts, alkalis and acids. It is insoluble in most alcohols and hydrocarbon solvents, but easily soluble in aldehydes, ketones, esters and some chlorinated hydrocarbons.
Disadvantages of ABS engineering plastics: low heat distortion temperature, flammable, and poor weather resistance.
Post time: Aug-23-2021